Saturday, August 15, 2009

I know it's been awhile

Ok so I know it's been awhile since I blogged last but now that my husband is in the blogging business I thought I'd start up again.
I went today with three great friends to go shopping in the big town of Columbus. I have to wonder why I put myself in these situations sometimes. I work retail and know better to go anywhere where there are people on my day off. I find myself enraged at people no matter their economic status. It amazes me how rude people can be. They act as though they are the only people in the world. Then from the mouth of those same people or people similar to them how rude young people are today. Well no wonder they follow their role models. Would it hurt someone to say excuse me, or I'm sorry for running over your toes with my huge cart loaded down with craft items? These people are business people, that depend on us (the everyday person to keep their lively hood alive and they have no respect for the other individuals they come in contact with. I was raised to treat others the way I want to be treated, say I'm sorry, excuse me, please and thank you. My mother taught me these things along with telling people who are direspectful were to go and get the hell out of the way. My mom taught me in which situations to say which things. But as I looked around today at the people who were running over my toes and knocking me over with their trashcans I thought these people are of the age to be my parents and they are more disrespectful than I ever thought of being. Remember when pointing fingers at the younger generations for all their "faults" remember there are 4 more fingers pointing back at you.
Wow now that is off my cheast things in our house have been pretty smooth sailing for awhile. No overflowing toilets or open freezer doors though I did have a dream that my husband left the door open again and that our wedding cake was ruined. Just a dream thank God. Besides that calm has filled our house for now though I have always believed in the calm before the storm, when it rains it pours so I have my umbrella ready.
I know I have been a blogger slacker but I will do better this go round. See you all in the world of the blog.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I don't think people are going to understand the trashcan comment! I got a kick out of it though :) Glad your back blogging.

    ReplyDelete