Friday, June 26, 2009

My very first Blog!!!

I am a blogger virgin, so everyone hang with me. I religiously read a friends (Amy) blog everday or so and she suggested others get blogs. I can't promise that anything I have to say is interesting enough for anyone else to read but what the heck I'll give it a try.

I sit here on my day off with the kids ( a Lab and 2 cats ) wishing my husband was home instead of at work. I wonder were all these people find jobs that they work Monday thru Friday 7-4 and never have to work holidays. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world ( well me and Jesse) that have screwy days off and holidays are just another day most of the time.

I have spent the day doing the everyday day off chores laundry, cleaning house you know the fun stuff that comes along with adulthood and marriage. I remember the days when summer days meant no worries and days and nights off fun and friends. Now summer days off still mean work and friends have kids and family responsibilities of there own. We wished our lives away at the age of 16 and now we all wish we could be 16 again (only knowing what we know now). But the one thing I wouldn't take back is the wounderful man that I met, my husband Jesse. I know people think how cheesy but it's true and all of you that have found that person know what I'm talking about. We are newly married ( November) but have lived together for alittle over 2 years. So at times we are still working out the kinks but thats what it's all about.


I find great role models in my life for great but different marriages and have realized to each their own, what ever makes you happy is the most important thing. So never let anyone tell you that you have a bad, strange or different marriage. Remember it's YOUR marriage not anyone elses. The blogs to come will probably contain the everyday struggles and joys of a married couple newly married and learning to be the best couple they can be.

1 comment:

  1. Gretchen, this is a wonderful idea! I have experienced a lot of what you said but when I read it it seems to mean more and hit home a little harder. I do think that every marriage is different but that's why finding your sole mate is so important because you both want/need the same things! I am really excited to learn more about you and Jesse with some hilarity thrown in along the way! I'll be checking in everyday!

    ReplyDelete